Anonymous said: how do you feel about this post? /maniaqdean. tumblr. com/post/98173332521/ignore-the-previous-ask-i-sent-about-the-spoiler-thing
nonnie i love you but you’ve referred me to a bibro fan’s blog which pretty much automatically means i’m going to disagree with all of their points of view on the show
here are my view points:
- when castiel told jimmy those lines in 4.20 the rapture, i think we can safely assume that he didn’t know that everything that was to come would happen. he didn’t foresee himself dying (multiple times) and he sure as heck didn’t foresee himself losing his grace.
- the line that op quoted from the show doesn’t actually make sense because according to supernatural mythology vampires don’t possess people and don’t need to be killed in order to become vampires so it’s not necrophilia and i don’t understand the point that op was trying to make with that sorry
- in 5.21 two minutes to midnight, when castiel wakes up in the hospital (this is later in the timeline, after raphael kills him the first time) and is on the phone with dean, he states that “the doctors were quite surprised. they thought i was brain-dead.” according to wikipedia, “Brain death is the complete and irreversible loss of brain function (including involuntary activity necessary to sustain life). Brain death is one of the two ways of determination of death, according to the Uniform Determination of Death Act of the United States (the other way of determining death being “irreversible cessation of circulatory and respiratory functions”). It is not the same as persistent vegetative state, in which the person is alive.” in addition, ruby possessed the body of a brain-dead girl specifically because sera gamble wanted us to know that sam was not raping the vessel, that there was no one but ruby inhabiting the body. following this canonical evidence, it can be assumed that since castiel was declared “brain-dead” before he woke up, jimmy is, in fact, dead.
- castiel states in 6.03 the third man that he has “spent the last year as a multidimensional wavelength of celestial intent”. if he was true!form for an entire year and jimmy were still alive, where was jimmy during that time?
- personally, i don’t believe that castiel’s body is ACTUALLY jimmy anymore. i believe that it’s a replicated body and not the original, which was likely destroyed either when raphael smote castiel or when lucifer made him explode. therefore i don’t consider it necrophilia either, because i consider it to be castiel’s body.
- sometime at the beginning of season 9 (when discussing “ezekiel” having taken over sam’s body) castiel says “you kill an angel, its vessel dies too”. castiel has died, what, four times now? i highly doubt jimmy has come back with him every time. it just doesn’t make sense that every time god or whoever brought castiel back, they would reinstate jimmy’s soul as well.
- then there’s the season 8 finale and human!castiel. (i’ll just quote this from bittersupernaturalfan, they put it in a way i like):
"A vessel becomes inhabited by an angel by becoming possessed with their grace, which can be compared to a demon’s “smoke”. A vessel without that grace comes back to itself, as seen with Raphael’s male vessel and with Claire. Now I agree that Carver has done some major retconning with the angel mythology. However, with Metatron taking Castiel’s grace, his “angelicy” if you will, in the season 8 finale - had the body not been Castiel’s by then, Castiel’s consciousness would have gone with it, and we’d be left with a seriously freaked out Jimmy Novak.
It’s similar to what happened to Anna, except her body was constructed for her consciousness. but she had no grace, and the body was hers. Ponder this - if Jimmy were still alive, how exactly would Castiel become a human? The answer is simple: he wouldn’t. He’d be drawn out along with his grace, just as he was the first time, when we met Jimmy.”
- and finally, because this is really the icing on the cake:
i can’t take people who say that jimmy is still alive seriously, not when there’s so much canonical evidence to the contrary. but that’s just my opinion.